[LMB] OT: Fun

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Sat Apr 4 03:26:04 BST 2009

Katrina's comments on the list are all very good.

There must be a way of phrasing these things better... Because I think it's good for people like me (who don't fall under the heading of 'young people') to be reminded that the experience of people younger than us is different from our own in various ways.  Not that it's a good thing or a bad thing, but that everyone's experience is different depending when they were born, and when they grew up.

I sometimes have the same reaction with different triggers.  Have to remind myself that the writer meant no offense, but is simply reflecting his or her experiences of life without stopping to think that it doesn't refer to everyone.

namaste,
Elizabeth