[LMB] OT: Only in Canada

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sat Apr 4 03:50:36 BST 2009

Could two Members of Parliament, one block from Parliament Hill, encounter
a 100-lb beaver almost getting run over by a taxicab. Realizing it was in
imminent danger, one of them found a stick and guided the beaver slowly
northwards, while the other managed to stop traffic on a high-speed,
six-lane road, so the beaver could waddle across. After about an hour,
they finally got the beaver to the Ottawa River where he could get back in
the water. And it all happened this week here in Ottawa.

We're so proud of them...

More details:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Technology/beaver+cross+road/1461584/story.html
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/04/03/ns-eyking-beaver.html

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"In Canada we are developing a pattern of life and I know something about one block of that pattern. I
know it for I helped to make it, and I can say that now without any pretense of modesty, or danger of
arrogance, for I know that we who make the patterns are not important, but the pattern is."
-- Nellie McClung, _The Stream Runs Fast_