[LMB] OT: Fun

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Sat Apr 4 17:52:17 BST 2009

At 06:49 PM 4/3/2009, B. Ross Ashley wrote:
>On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:16:30 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
>wrote:
>> Meg Justus wrote:
>
>> > I must say the timing on this post is rather -- creepy.  As are some of the
>> > things you folks think are making you old (Transformers?  I predate Sesame
>> > Street, so there <g>)
>> >

>> I remember getting our first TV and watching Howdy Doody.
>> Sesame Street came after my much younger siblings' eras - I'm not really sure when.
>
>"Tom Corbett - Space Cadet", and "Buster Brown" - and the first season of "Howdy Doody", yes.

I remember the day my parents got their first TV.  I was 16, and when the installer finally turned it on, the show was "Kukla, Fran and Ollie".  It was a 12" Zenith, and there was a great big double antenna on the roof, one pointed toward Milwaukee (25 miles away) and the other pointed toward Chicago, 75 or so miles away.  There were 5 stations available (only 1 in Milwaukee, the other 4 in Chicago).  No soaps, either.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net