[LMB] Just read... _The Obesity Myth_

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Tue Apr 7 06:11:18 BST 2009

Walter Bushell wrote:

> Soccer has to be as bad, all those blows to the head, and no helmet.
> Probably neither is as dangerous as farming.

Or driving.

I mean, this is the thing: body weight is a factor in overall health.
One factor, importance extremely variable. Sometimes one's body weight
contributes to ill-health. Sometimes it's a consequence of ill-health.
Quite often it's completely irrelevant, except that it has a
disproportionate impact on the quality and kind of health care patients,
especially large women, are able to GET.

I'm very lucky in my doctor: she treats my weight as a single factor in
the rather complicated situation that is my health, and she does this
regardless of what said weight actually is.

Not everyone has that sort of luck:

http://fathealth.wordpress.com/

Marna.