[LMB] : worst Bujold villain

Timothy Collett tcollett at topazgryphon.org
Sat Apr 18 15:40:58 BST 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:

> Elizabeth Holden wrote:
>> I don't think this is the worst possible scenario. The worst
>> possible scenario is if Miles' son inherits Miles' brains and
>> Serg's disposition. (Or Yuri's. Same genetic line.)  And wants to
>> take the Imperium from cousin Gregor and and little Serg.
>>
> Miles' intelligence isn't his most impressive characteristic.   His
> determination may be a more powerful attribute to inherit.

I think the most dangerous would be the combination of intelligence
and charisma that Miles possesses.

That could enable a would-be usurper to gather a real following around
himself, and thereby gain some legitimacy.

Timothy Collett

--

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
~ Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment