[LMB] Worst Bujold Villain

Adam Ek adamek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:26:23 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:26 PM, B. Ross Ashley <redlion at sff.net> wrote:
> Sukarno was not a Communist of any description, Paula, just a left nationalist who had the support of the KPI. He had led the five-year fight against the Dutch after the Japanese occupation was over.
>
> See the Wikipedia article on him for further reading ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukarno It was a vastly more complicated situation than you put forward.

Reminds me of a VC Colonel my Dad transported. This guy fought against
the French before WWII, then fought against the Japanese during WWII,
then fought against the French again until Dien Bien Phu, then fought
against the Americans...

When he woke up on my Dad's helicopter after being captured by SEALS,
he was PISSED. Started swearing in three languages.
--
Adam Ek
adamek at gmail.com