[LMB] OT: e-book reader comparison

Ed Burkhead ed at edburkhead.com
Tue Apr 21 11:39:46 BST 2009

Francis asked:
> I've noticed (had it brought to my attention rather pointedly as it
> happens) that the battery on my Cybook is now, after a year or so of
> use, seriously degrading. It used to be that I could go for a week or
> two without a recharge. Now it seems more like a 2.3 days. Did your
> old Sony have that problem? or is this something specific to either
> the Cybook or my usage thereof?

I hadn't noticed any degradation of the battery, it was still often lasting
4-days to a week.  But, then, the battery lasts long enough that by the time
it needs a charge I've often forgotten just when my last charge occurred.

The new Sony had 3/4 charge on the meter when I opened the box and turned it
on.  After two days of my normal reading rate it hasn't changed.

Not enough data to mean much.

Ed