[LMB] Just Watched...

Francis Turner francis.turner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:22:03 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Mary Piero Carey
<mcarey at starklibrary.org> wrote:

> Oh, praise Ghu, I'm not the only one.  I have been saying:  "and that's
> _another_ thing that doesn't make sense..." over and over in every
> conversation that I've ever had about The Matrix.  Sure, there are parts
> of it that look Rilly, Rilly Kewl, but I spent most of the movie picking my
> Willing Suspension of Disbelief up off the floor & picking the dusty
> popcorn and Lemonheads off of it.

My real problem with the Matrix was that we used it as the demo for
IPTV and video on demand prototypes so at one point I saw it in pieces
about twice a day.

We had different encodings of it, different bit rates, quality levels,
different bandwidths available, multicast streams blah blah blah. It
is way cool but when you start looking at it to see where the encoding
errors and compression artifacts are it gets very very tedious. I
couldn't face watching it (or its sequels) for real now.

Francis

--
http://www.di2.nu/blog.htm
Faber's Fourth Law: