[LMB] OT: Elizabeth Moon and The Speed of Dark

queenortart queenortart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:43:58 BST 2009

2009/4/23 Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com>:

> The boss and the other guy were both stupid bad. This is actually quite realistic. The world is far more full of stupid-bad types than it is of Moon-type villains, and many of them do end up as pointy-haired bosses.

I did shout at the book several times, which I find to be the mark of
something I at least care enough about to shout at, rather than
ploughing through it.

So what shall I read next, other than Pride and Pejudice and Zombies
which has just arrived from Amazon? What I liked about this was
identifying with Lou to a limited extent. I'm a geek and can see the
allure of things like the patterns, and the copying strategies, and
the link to real life with the dilemmas that it threw up.

Sue

--
"Children are routinely advised: 'Be yourself.' But almost all the
forces of family and school life add a confusing and contradictory