[LMB] Cult of Cordelia (was Re: LQ #59: Aral's POV)

William A Wenrich wawenri at msn.com
Sun Apr 26 01:38:10 BST 2009

Lois wrote:
*** On Earlier vs. Later Cordelia, don't lose sight of the fact that after
_Barrayar_ we never see Cordelia from her own point of view, only from
Miles's and, later, a little from Ivan and Mark, also both of a later
generation with a skewed and limited angle of view.  Events from Cordelia's
own point of view would look very different, and far less certain.  The
Aral-effect again, actually.

I've thought that one of the best Cordelia POV, sections would have been in
MD during Mark's visit. (Reminding herself that she really likes Simon and
cutting off his head would not get him moving any faster.) But, we need that
time to be Mark's as part of his development.

William A. Wenrich
I am a Christian, husband, father, grandfather, son, and American. Here I
stand. I can do no other. God help me!