[LMB] Just watched...

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Mon Apr 27 01:39:58 BST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "anmar mirza" <anmar.mirza at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Lois McMaster Bujold <
> lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My "just watched" list for the weekend...
>>
>> _The Matrix_  Yeah, I know, I'm slow.   Speaking as an engineer's
>> daughter, at no point did the physics, biology, economics or ecology
>> make sense.  Of any of the iterations of "reality".  But, of course,
>> that's not what the fable was about, or for.   ...Was this supposed to
>> be a *parody* of the young-male-power-fantasy...?
>>

> I *hated* "The Matrix".  Aside from the fact that Plato first did the
> "what
> is reality"
> schtick and few people have done it better since, I agree with you.
> Nothing
> about the movie made
> any sense to me whatsoever.  The male eye candy wasn't even that good, as
> far as my tastes go at least.

I don't think that I've seen it, and am not really interested in doing so...
I saw the related anime stuff and was totally not appreciative.

There are a lot of things about entertainment that are cohort and experience
and situationally related as regards appreciation/non-appreciation, and
connection in positive, negative, or disjunct fashions.

I don't belong to the groups mostly that The Matrix hold
relevance/attraction for I expect.