[LMB] OT: Surnames, was Adjutant Birthday Tixie, With Extra Groveling

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 17:55:54 BST 2009

In a message dated 8/10/2009 11:52:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pgranzeau at cox.net writes:

>Yeah.  How about females get her surname, males get  his?

Shouldn't the kid get to choose?  My husband would have preferred his
mother's name--he didn't get along with his father.  I would have chosen my
father's name, because Orme is a much easier name for people to remember  and
spell than Bongiorno, although neither is very common.  They could  hyphenate
until age 18, then choose which name to go with.

Mary