[LMB] Now on topic: cooking styles in Bujold works

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Sun Jan 11 19:05:11 GMT 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:36:25 EST, CatMtn at aol.com

don_iain at verizon.net writes:

> >With  this discussion, suddenly, Pysanky, the Russian/Ukrainian art of fancy
>

> >dyed eggs using
> >dye and beeswax makes a lot of sense in the  preparation of a lot of eggs

for

> >Easter.
>

> M:
> A friend demonstrated this art to a group I was in once, and said that
> pysanky were kept as decorations even for years, and if you broke  one,
> you'd better be prepared to air the house thoroughly for a long time.   Was she wrong?

I've only ever seen this done with blown eggs. Make a pinhole in each end of the shell, carefully blow out the contents, make scrambled eggs, then dry the shell and wax/dye it to your heart's content. Not a way to preserve eggs, but very decorative, if fragile.

--
B. Ross Ashley http://brashley46.livejournal.com http://brashley46.no-ip.info
"It would be too painful to think that there are worlds somewhere