[LMB] OT: informal question of the day (it's been rather quietrecently)

Dorian E. Gray dorianegray at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:35:23 GMT 2009

Harimad asked...

> There was a story on the news this morning on how booksellers are very
> excited about the US' new president, a known avid reader.  One bit was
> about what he reads, including novels.  Which got me wondering: would a
> notable person publicly admit to reading frivolous fiction, such as Amelia
> Peabodys or - gasp! - SF or F.
>
> What do you think?  Please note what country or culture you're answering
> about.

I don't know about *reading* (I can't recall any instance of an Irish
politician mentioning reading for fun at all), but the daughter of our
ex-Taoiseach *writes* chick-lit.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
dorianegray at gmail.com
http://dorianegray.livejournal.com

"Fashion is gentility running away from vulgarity, and afraid of being
overtaken."
- William Hazlitt