[LMB] LQ #47: Passage parallels (Wed. Jan. 21st, 2009)

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 07:55:04 GMT 2009

--- Jelbelser <jelbelser at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just reread Paladin, and it occurred to me that
> the demons there were
> a bit like malices.  Both are bad things that pop up
> randomly, cause
> great harm, and can be dealt with by only a special
> group.

I don't agree with the last bit.  I think that the
Farmers could deal with the malices too - it's just
that they don't know how.  The only known technology
to do so *is* dependent on a tool that must be made by
a Lakewalker craftsman, but the fate of Fawn's
daughter shows that a Farmer can empower it and Fawn's
actions show that a Farmer can use it.  I think that
if the Farmers knew about it there would be volunteers
to be donors.  (Aunt Nattie for one.)

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.