[LMB] (chat) A Writer's Guide to Amazonomancy

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 00:26:20 GMT 2009

re: Twilight phenom, and Harry Potter getting people into reading, and the "how to suck people in" conundrum. I hang out at Yahoo! Answers, and there seem to be a lot of young women asking, "OK, I'm finished with Twilight. More please?" I usually mention Lois' works if they mention they like fantasy.. I do tell them it's SF, and I warn them "you might not be old enough for the fantasy" ((-: Little reverse psychology?). And then I mention Shanna Swendson's series, which I think is targeted at younger people. Who knows, they might give it a whirl .  . . .

(-: I'm noticing other Bujold fans there, too.

Micki

      New Email names for you!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail..
Hurry before someone else does!