[LMB] Women and the Warrior's Path

Natali Vilic natali.vilic at zd.t-com.hr
Thu Jan 29 23:55:56 GMT 2009

Personally, I will never understand why would anyone want to be a soldier.
Or warrior, whatever.
But, obviously there are people, regardless of gender, who want that.
So, OK.
It is sadly still necessary to have people skilled to efficiently take
lives,
as we are living in this world as it is. I cannot think of any reason for
not
letting those who want that, again regardless of gender or any other thing,
to do it.
If that is what they most want to do with their lives, they will probably
master
all the necessary skills fast and successfully, thus making their training
the most efficient possible.

Personally again, I think my daughter would make a much more efficient
soldier
than my older son, but perhaps not as an efficient one as my younger son. I
conclude this from their characters and statures. However, I am doing my
best to keep the idea as unappealing to those two as possible:). But again,
if either my daughter or my younger son would decide for such an occupation
my former efforts were futile and I will leave it be.

As for rape in war... Someone wrote in this not so long but very difficult
tread, that in the recent history one could see an example of using rape and

involuntarily pregnancy as weapons against enemy women in Serbia.
Me being from the area in question (luckily always at least an inch behind
the first lines, on the friendly territory) I must correct this. There were
no
such things happening in Serbia, because there was no war *in* Serbia
(except
for the NATO bombers on the end of the whole dirty business). The actions
described took place in the occupied areas of Croatia, and Bosnia, mainly by

the Serb soldiers and militia. I am pretty sure that in Bosnia, where three
nations fought against each other, there were such things happening on the
all three sides. But not in Serbia.
And another thing: I think that if the sexual limitations for women, and all

that pressure to keep "pure", were not invented by men in order to maintain
inheritance through the male line, it would never happen that rape would
be considered as a weapon of war. The saddest thing is, that it is actually
directed against men, to damage their property. And the rape of men is just
to designate them as women - less valuable.

All the contemplation about how things were, and why the things were so,
will
not make injustice justifiable. To me, it is just looking for excuses for
all
the horrible things people were, are and will be able to do to each other on

physical, spiritual, emotional, economical, sociological or any other level
one can (or cannot) think about.

That reminds me of that great paragraph of SOH:
"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green
silk
rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, __without lust, or anger,
or
desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some
pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in that future are
imaginary. The ones they commit in the present-they are real.__"

Now, what great fears and horrors did women present to men, to treat them so

mercilessly...
And to spend so much time and effort in creating theories that could sound
reasonable in their twisted way, to justify this.

Natali,
Wondering how she will go asleep now

database 3809 (20090129) __________

http://www.eset.com