[LMB] SP: Horizon & acceptance of others

V L'Ecuyer lecuyerv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:07:34 GMT 2009

I finagled a fast read of Horizon so I would stop jonesing.

My all time favorite bit of the book is when Fawn, Whit and Berry are
hunkered down after the Lakewalkers were forced into retreat by the
non-shielded farmers. Whit and Berry weren't horrified by Fawn's idea to
risk their only weapon. They were horrified that she was willing to risk a
Lakewalker's death. Until she pointed out it was _Crane_ they were risking.

And _that_ was okay.

I just love how over the course of a year, fear and suspicion turned into
acceptance and protectiveness.

Victoria