[LMB] Vor lord privileges

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:02:51 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Heather Boyer<bobug at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm not very familiar with heraldry, but aren't most royal lineages done so that the direct children of the king/emperor are princes / princesses, the kids of Duchesses / Dukes, etc. are "lord / lady X", though only one is the "real" lord/lady (heir)? I'd think that would be the case, as most "ranks" of royalty would want some way to differentiate themselves from the "commoners," even if it's only a courtesy title.

One of the best websites on the ins and outs of British titles is
still <http://laura.chinet.com/html/titles01.html> ... even if she (as
she confesses) hasn't been able to update the site since 1998.  It's
not like the rules have changed...  Of course, these are the *British*
rules and don't apply to other countries.

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>