[LMB] Book lists for children, YA

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun Jul 5 22:25:19 BST 2009

Nicholas Kristof, in today's New York Times, gives a short list of
books he thinks children ought to read -- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/opinion/05kristof.html
  -- and then invites people to post their own suggestions at his blog
-- http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/the-best-kids-books-ever/#comments
  -- now up to 41 pages of comments!   Most of the suggestions, both
his and others, include the age range at which my children at least
starting reading Bujold, but I didn't see any mention of her books in
the 20 or so pages of comments that I read--so of course I suggested
them!  The comments include some great recommendations and a lot of
engaging discussion.

Katherine