[LMB] LQ #48: Familiar places?

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 09:24:44 GMT 2009

V. interesting question. Lois has often been acknowledged as a great world-builder, and I think that shows. (-: My first thought was "You know, I know Kline Station pretty well." Despite not ever having been on a space station. Or even a boat, or other metal-warren-sort-of-place. Also, I'd say I know the Cetagandan dome where the funeral ceremonies were held pretty well.

But do I recognize any real-life places as being the basis for Lois' writing? Mmmm. No. But maybe next time I go to the States, I'll try and take a ride on a riverboat (or flatboat . . . wonder if they'd do something like that in Hannibal, MO? ((home of Mark Twain))), just to see how it compares.

Micki

      Get your preferred Email name!