[LMB] OT: Disability Access was: Shoes

Judy R Johnson jrj at fidalgo.net
Wed Mar 11 19:09:01 GMT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
snip>
> On 3/11/09, Judy R Johnson <jrj at fidalgo.net> wrote:
> >
> > Should think Barrayar would have had little or no disability access,
> > believing that "mutants" should be destroyed at birth.

JenL> But there would still be wounded/maimed vets....  And I'd think
they'd have
> their share of industrial accidents.

NEW - JRJ>Yes, there would.  Good point.  But in Shards, Aral and Cordelia
talked about Barrayarans "finishing off" any soldier badly wounded, so
would think there wasn't much welcome or accommodation for them at home.
Get well or better dead, probably.

Entwife Judy
Rain Forest Denizen in the Pacific Northwest,
and a Usonian (USA citizen)