[LMB] Cotton wool OT:

Claire Nollet cnollet at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 19:17:05 GMT 2009

 Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:31 PM, <CatMtn at aol.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think it's just raw (unprocessed) cotton with the
>  seeds
> removed.  The meaning may include things like the old-fashioned quilt
>  batting
> type of cotton, too.
>
> Mary

I love this discussion group.  We talk about EVERYTHING.

I think that cotton wool used for medical purposes is probably bleached
somehow and processed/filtered in some other way, as most consumers would
recoil from the natural color of cotton, which is not pure blinding medical
white.  If you look at cotton batting for quilts, it's very slightly tan,
and there are little flecks in it.