[LMB] Writing & Recipe

Claire Nollet cnollet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 00:12:35 GMT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> I like mixing golden and black raisins in my oatmeal cookies.

Me, too!  I also like experimenting with dried blueberries, dried cherries,
dried apricots, and dried cranberries.

I keep lots of dried fruit, powdered milk, and oatmeal around the house for
those weeks when the food budget is a little sparse, and the fridge gets
empty before payday.  It's also nice to have in case there's a huge
snowstorm that prevents travel (as sometimes happens here in Buffalo, NY).
 Oatmeal with dried fruit and powdered milk is quite nutritious and filling
(although by the third day in a row you've eaten it, you get quite sick of
it).