[LMB] OT: another AKICOTL request: sugars

Stacey Hill stacey at xtra.co.nz
Wed Mar 18 22:18:04 GMT 2009

--- On Wed, 3/18/09, Nicholson, Sue <S.E.Nicholson at massey.ac.nz> wrote:

> Interesting info about beet sugar - we only get cane sugar
> here in NZ so know very little about beet sugar. Can you get
> glucose syrup Becca? That's what some people here use for
> sweeteners in liqueurs, although it's a bit expensive.

hm. I'll have to look fo rit - don't recall ever seeing it in grocery stores. Is this something a pharmacy would be likely to have, or someplace like Whole Foods?

-becca

I think the USA equivlent of glucose syrup is corn syrup.  There is also the agave syrup tho I dont know if it would affect the taste

Stacey