[LMB] scurrilous gossip, fictional

anmar mirza anmar.mirza at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:04:07 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com
> wrote:

> All right, with April 1 coming up and all...
>
> What sort of scurrilous gossip/yellow journalism/tabloid articles
> would/could be written about characters from the Vorkosiverse?

Headline:

BAT BOY BRED on BARRAYAR!

In a stunning revelation, Jacksonian biosculpturist "Vlad the Creator"
tells The Weekly World News* that the elusive "Bat Boy" spotted variously on
Earth was really an escaped creation of Vor genetics experiments to
create the perfect airborne soldier.  Vlad goes on to say that "Bat Boy" was
supposed
to be able to silently drop down on his victims in the middle of the night,
in the best Vor fashion.  Auditor Vorkosigan, widely believed to have had
the
creature cloned, had no comment.

I know it isn't exactly yellow journalism, but I had to...

*for several years the Weekly World News ran stories about a Bat Boy they
had gimmicked up.  I use the headline and pic in my media interactions
lecture for cave rescue.

--
Anmar Mirza EMT, N9ISY, Central Region NCRC Coordinator,
Owner Lost Creek Packs, blog.myspace.com/anmarmirza