[LMB] AKICOTL: ASME to ISO.

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sat Mar 28 13:50:19 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Ek" <adamek at mac.com>
To: <Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:27 PM
Subject: [LMB] AKICOTL: ASME to ISO.

> The engineering department I work for is currently changing from "English"
> units to the metric system, and we're not just going from inches to
> millimeters, we're also going from ASME to ISO drafting standards.
> (ob:Bujold, Falling Free's Leo would probably wonder what we're still
> doing in old English units.) I've been assigned to find a book with a
> simple description of the differences between the two systems. My Google
> and Amazon searches have not found a clear winner yet. Is there anyone on
> the list who's gone through a similar transition of drafting standards,
> and do you have an recommendations?

http://web.mit.edu/16.unified/www/FALL/Unified_Concepts/units_review.pdf

The official U.S. website with information on the SI is the Physics
Laboratory of NIST.
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/index.html
You may download the authoritative publications for future reference
directly from these
links:
. NIST Special Publication 811. Guide for the Use of the International
System of Units
(SI)
. NIST Special Publication 330. The International System of Units (SI)

http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/units.html
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/current.html
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/bibliography.html
(etc)