[LMB] OT: Parenting, was Ekaterin

Zivya A zivya_a at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 17:34:43 GMT 2009

________________________________
From: Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com>

Beth:
> Didn't everyone see things in a blur? Wasn't that normal?

"Mother, Mother, there's leaves on the trees!"  Me at age seven, walking out
of the optometrist's with my first pair of glasses perched on my nose.

Megaera
for whom this is a extremely vivid memory -- everything had *edges*

--
my nephew got through elementary school without glasses, by having a good memory.  when we said he had his nose in a book, it was pretty literal.
in his early teens, he got glasses.  and wow!  did you know grandma has freckles?  and the sidewalk isn't solid grey but sort of flecked?  everyone was shocked he hadn't known these things forever...

zivya, whose earliest memory of glasses are in kindergarden, getting splashed in hte face with something nasty , but eyes were protected by glasses