[LMB] OT: Parenting, was Ekaterin

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 23:50:49 GMT 2009

--- On Wed, 11/11/09, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

> Beth:
> > Didn't everyone see things in a blur? Wasn't that
> normal?
>
> "Mother, Mother, there's leaves on the trees!"  Me at
> age seven, walking out
> of the optometrist's with my first pair of glasses perched
> on my nose.

I think that must be the standard reaction.  I was nine, and apparently my face was utterly aglow with the realisation.  Mum said that she now realises that I drew trees with a green glow around the branches because that's the way I saw leaves.

A note to Tora: DON'T ASSUME THAT SEAN'S VISION IS FINE BECAUSE HE RECOGNISES EVERYTHING.  I was/am *incredibly* good at picking out what objects were and where they were by simple pattern recognition and a good memory - "that is blue and looks like my jacket, it is a blue jacket" - so nobody twigged I had a problem till the teacher told Mum she'd seen me squinting at my schoolbooks.

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.