[LMB] OT: vampires

Adam Ek adamek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:28:31 BST 2009

>>> I was a bit unclear; I hope to see urban fantasy/paranormal
>>> romance
>>> without vampires, werewolves, or immortal fey.
>>
>> Featuring... what, exactly?  Mermaids, dryads, dragons etc are all
>> distinctly rural.  It's only wizards, fey, vampires and werewolves, which
>> feed/get their living off humans, that could logically thrive in the urban
>> environment.

My stepdaughter used to claim that the steam rising through grates on
city streets was actually dragon breath. She developed an entire
dragon ecology/mythology based on the different tunnels under Boston.
Dragons from rural caves take to Boston tunnels like pigeons from
ocean cliffs take to skyscrapers...

--
Adam Ek
adamek at gmail.com