[LMB] AKICOT:L Dorothy Sayers

Nancy L. Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Mon Oct 12 02:30:09 BST 2009

At 9:28 PM +0100 10/11/09, James M. BRYANT G4CLF wrote:
>Somewhere in Sayers is a quote which is
>approximately:-
>
>"Time may tame an advanced young woman -
>nothing will tame an advanced old woman."

"Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced
old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force."

Clouds of Witness, according to Wikiquote. I thought it must be Peter
describing the Dowager Duchess after she descended on the Lodge, but
I haven't been able to find it flipping through my copy.  May have to
do a re-read....

     Nancy