[LMB] OT: report on my results of the recipe for killer chocolate stuff with the density of plutonium, a'la Selene

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 16 23:57:33 BST 2009

Natali writes:

>The caster sugar did not dissolve  :(

Sometimes it does not dissolve well, eat it anyway.  Was it too cold?

The rest of this looks like the kind of improvisational brilliance that led to the invention of English Trifle.  Amaretto is my favorite, which you probably did not know.  I would be so easy to poison, being fond of the bitter almond taste!

>Would it be OK to try powdered sugar? Or is it
>one of those cases when it is absolutely unadvisable
>to use powdered sugar instead of caster sugar?

The "powdered sugar" one gets in the USA is often mixed with cornstarch for a silky texture.  Not so good for confectionary chemistry however.  If your powdered sugar is strictly 100% sugar, go for it!

Bon Appetit and thanks for the other recipes by the way,
Susan Fox / Ma Foxti
selene at earthlink.net