[LMB] Milesian Mystery #1 (Wed. Sept. 9, 2009)

William A Wenrich wawenri at msn.com
Thu Sep 10 04:39:24 BST 2009

Milesian Mystery #1 (Wed. Sept. 9, 2009)

A silence fell. After a moment X ventured, "Y? What should I do?"

Y seemed to wrench her distant expression into an unfelt smile.
"Well...prayer never hurts."

"That hardly seems like an answer"

"In your case, it might be.  This is not a reassurance."

Who are X and Y?  What book is this scene in?  Bonus: What's going on?

(It's definitely a Bujold book, not necessarily a Miles one, despite the
name of the new feature)
Not what I thought at first - Curse of Chalion.

Therefore, it must be Paladin of Souls. Y is Ista and X is Cabron.