[LMB] OT New Liad Book s (WAS OT: Music and Book Publishing)

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sat Apr 3 07:49:51 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laura Gallagher" <celticdragonfly at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 2:17 AM
Subject: Re: [LMB] New Liad Books (WAS OT: Music and Book Publishing)

> James wrote:
>> Michael (Little Egret) Dolbear says that the third book
>> (of the Theo Waitley series is implied) "Mouse & Dragon"
>> comes out in June.

Mouse and Dragon is the sequel to a book I can't think of the name of,
which on the timelime is few months after Local Custom, and the first
publication was package with Local Custom in  volume entitles Pilot's
Choice.

Those two books are one of the entry points for the Liaden univere [TM]
stories, particularly for science fiction romance readers.

>> The third Theo Waitley book is being written and has
>> the working title "Ghost Ship". It was only started
>> last November so publication will not be soon.

Actually, Ghost Ship is a direct sequel to _I Dare_....  the authors wrote
Fledgling and Saltation (two books where they originally anticipated one)
because they needed to learn/know more about a character effecting plot
teased at at the very end of I Dare--the original publisher wanted a teaser
at the end of the book to let readers know that I Dare was not the end of
the Liaden stories line.... and then the publisher went into fiancial
reverses and ultimately out of business...  Fledgling and Saltation aren't
part of the mainline Liaden books, or weren't written as being them, they
were written so the authors would, again, have the background for a
character driving plot content in the book to follow I Dare.