[LMB] OT: survival supplies and supply breakdown

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:34:33 BST 2010

>From David M.
(Much snippage)

> 5.  Plumbing.  ...yeah.  Just how long can people in a major metro area
> keep flushing their toilets before they stop working?  And just finding
> drinking water can be surprisingly hard.

Up on the north side of town is a small park with an artesian well in it. There's one source of water, but it's 15 miles from my house. There are probably closer sources, that I don't know about. The house i lived in starting in jr. high, the bathrooms had an extra handle on the sinks, for well water, as well as the standard arrangement for city water, but once the pump goes out, that doesn't work.