[LMB] Warrior's Apprentice BD -- kicking things off

Marilyn Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 21:09:13 BST 2010

> I have always wondered if Elena felt that the bargain she made by
> marrying Baz to get away from Barrayar was worth it.  Her love for him
> never felt that genuine to me, although she seems satisfied with it,
> esp. after they leave the Dendarii.

Elena comes from a culture where arranged marriages are actually the
norm, so simply starting out liking the spouse is probably good enough.
The concept of love is something that happens with a person that you are
not perhaps actually married to at the time - for centuries love was
what you had with someone on the sly outside the bonds of matrimony for
a sizable portion of the population. Love matches were for non land
owning peasantry.

--

"This is me, Órale vato, this is who I am. Take me or leave me. You don't like me? Turn around and look the other way. Its that simple." - Eddie Guerrero