[LMB] MAD magazine doggerel, was OT: survival supplies and supply breakdown

Eric Oppen technomad at intergate.com
Thu Apr 22 06:52:59 BST 2010

Quoting Ross Ashley <redlion at sff.net>:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:28:20 -0400, Walter Bushell wrote:
>

>> In Levit Town did Irving Khan,
>> A stately Cape Cod house decree,
>> Where Alf the sacred Newman dwelt,
>> And Irving Ferd and even Sam McGee.
>
> As I remember it, 'twas ...
> In Levittown did Irving Kahn
> A stately Cape Cod house decree;
> Where Alf, the sacred Newman dwelt, And Nick Fazool, and Olaf Svelt,
> And even Sean McGee.
>
> Could be a Don Martin; could be wrong ... I cannot find it in Google.

It was in MAD Magazine, sometime in the late 1950s---I used to have
almost all the MAD paperback collections.  I have those on DVD-ROM
now, and could possibly go looking, but this is how I remember the rest.

"Now twice ten yards of crabgrass ground
With picket fence were girdled round..."

And I can't remember the rest.