[LMB] democracy censsus

Bear Master bearmaster0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:01:42 GMT 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Damien Sullivan
<phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu>wrote:

> > On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 07:54:54AM -0700, Bear Master wrote:
> Your category
> > > of "worlds that feel democratic" says more about you than them.
>
> Also, yeah: it says that I live, as do you, on a planet where peaceful
> high-tech countries are democratic, and there seem to be reasons for
> these things to be correlated.

Really?  Could ask you to define "peaceful," high-tech," and "democratic,"
(especially as one high-tech Republic leaps to mind as having been at war
almost the entire 21st century), but I sure you can convolute the
definitions so that any country you like is a democracy, and anyone you
don't is either a corrupt democracy or non-democracy.

You see a correlation, I don't think serious analysis of the evidence will
bear it out, whole topic is too real-world politics for this venue.  I will
try to refrain from this topic any more.