[LMB] Cetaganda: Twin Empires and the Occupation

Rebekah beckr01 at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 1 22:32:32 BST 2010

>MD:  I don't think we have any textev about what age the haut  customarily
>reproduce, which would give us more of an idea of what a  "generation" is
>for them.  If they have their children in middle age, it  could be around
>50-70 years, but if they customarily have their children while  the parents are
>young, it could be as short as 20 to 25 years.

Perhaps they don't set up the genetic crosses until the 'parents' reach maturity, and can be seen at their peak.  They *could* cross the genes of small children together in a replicator, but said small children are still an unknown quantity in terms of "how the last crosses really worked out".  But if they desired a population explosion, they could manufacture one, as Vormuir (?) did.

Damien sez:
>Where are those people immigrating from?  There's like 100 worlds that
>need to be populated into the tens or hundreds of millions of people.
>You need decently high birth rates everywhere.

Don't forget, Cetaganda has very low death rates, and very long lives.  The tank keeps getting topped up, while the plug remains mostly in place.

Beck