[LMB] Cetagandan population levels & proto-haut

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Jun 9 14:50:43 BST 2010

On 6/9/2010 6:50 AM, Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan wrote:
> All they have to do is start out by selecting certain parents as ideal
> for their future genetic goals and pay them lots of money to have as
> many kids as possible.  Even if it is by body-birth.  You could
> imagine a system where it's both societally and monetarily encouraged
> to have lots of kids.  Perhaps the government would even give choices
> for the parents to have the kids and if they don't want that many, get
> a basic fee and give them to the government to raise.  (just picture a
> proto-haut woman saying 'they want as many kids as I can make, and
> I've already given them 6, and they pay really well too, who needs a
> job?'  and looking down her nose on someone whose genes weren't
> desired at all)

A century ago, the French government, concerned that they weren't
producing enough cannon-fodder for its armies, started creating
propaganda promoting the joys of parenthood.   It worked, and the birth
rate went up.

Various religions push having lots of children, and when the resources
are available, population grows.

And we are talking about situations where technology will allow much
faster population growth, should they decide to pay for it - which seems
likely.