[LMB] General Theme Question

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jun 10 16:12:59 BST 2010

On 6/10/2010 8:55 AM, Tom Vinson wrote:
>> He had his share of affairs (but only as Naismith -
>> >Vorkosigan had no s*x life - according to Miles
>> >himself)...
>>
> Remainds me of Lord Peter Wimsey on his wedding night,
> when he finds that all his love-making vocabulary is
> French.

On the other hand, I was talking about a difficulty my mother had when
she was pregnant along with a friend from Argentina.   We had lived a
couple of years in Mexico City when my mother didn't get pregnant, but
learned a fair amount of Spanish.   So when she was trying to explain
the possible charge for circumcision, she didn't have the vocabulary.
My son-in-law spent a couple of college terms in Mexico, and when he was
told this story, he replied that his college experience quickly gave him
a bunch of synonyms for "penis".

Soldiers - and even cadets, have their own stories about sex that are
shared within members of a particular class.