[LMB] Cetagandan population levels and proto-haut

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Jun 10 20:00:47 BST 2010

On 6/10/2010 12:47 PM, Claire Nollet wrote:
> Vincent also says, "For the genetically superior, success is easier to
> attain, but is by no means guaranteed.  After all, there is no gene for
> fate."
>
> I think we see in our own time how easy it is for a really smart person to
> fail.  They coast along in school, not working for their grades, relying on
> their outside reading and paying attention in class to give them good
> grades.  Until that point arises in school where you need to really work to
> attain the knowledge (like memorizing the periodic table for chemistry
> class).  Then, never having had to learn good study habits, they begin to
> founder in their classes, and they can't figure out why.

While all that is true, there is nothing that says we can't genetically
add drive.    There are species that have more drive than others, and
the difference between our brains and "us" is nebulous.

Or maybe genetically make better religious subjects, more content
slaves, or people who just *love* their leaders.