[LMB] Elena

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 14 02:25:11 BST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 06:14:10PM -0700, Marcia wrote:
> In MIRROR DANCE, when Miles gets back to the Dendarii and they're in
> orbit around Escobar, he asks Elena if she had a chance to visit her
> mother and she says yes and they were able to talk about things that
> the weren't able to when they first met.

> IIRC, when they first met, Elena senior was in the process of killing
> Bothari.? And then she completely rejected her daughter and had no
> desire to ever see her.? So what happened in between the two stories?

The near-end of tWA for one thing, where Miles gets a lock of hair from
the mother for Bothari's death ritual, and tries to do an intervention
for Elena.  I think when he leaves he sees Sr. moving toward Jr., so
they might have at least parted on speaking terms.

Hmm, are you talking about the beginning or ending of Mirror Dance?  I
don't recall.  Later in MD I believe Elena talks off-screen with
*Cordelia* about Bothari, getting more understanding of both Mark and
Bothari, but I might be confusing something.

-xx- Damien X-)