[LMB] General Theme Question

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 02:34:36 BST 2010

I wonder how much Vor women are really stay-at-home moms. Cordelia is special because she's got a special needs kid. Alys is also special, because she's got one, and isn't planning to marry and have more, so she hovers and over-organizes. OTOneH, this does seem par for the course -- it excites a little comment, but not considered something that never happens. OTOtherH, those women are busy networking and getting together -- which we see in ACC when Alys puts the women into action.

They certainly aren't space captains, though, and I think Elli was happier sticking with something she knew. Ethan of Athos shows that she *really* doesn't think much of sucking dirt . . . .

Micki