[LMB] OT: Question for the list's martial-arts experts...

Mitch Miller mitchmiller at entertainmenttax.com
Fri Jun 18 01:34:44 BST 2010

From: Eric Oppen <technomad at intergate.com>
///

I was watching some scenes from _Kill Bill_, and was particularly impressed by the scene where the Bride is squaring off with O-ren Ishii's "schoolgirl" guard---the one played by the girl who played Chigusa Takako in _Battle Royale._

What would the list's martial artists recommend as a good defense against a "meteor hammer"---other than "Run away!  Run away!"  About the only good counter I've been able to come up with would be to sucker the hammer's wielder into an area where the hammer can get tangled up, then attacking fast before the hammer can be untangled.
///

A double-tap to the head with anything .38 caliber (to include .357) or larger will work splendidly.   Or, if you're a really good shot, a .22 round in the eye or ear will do the trick.

Mitch Miller