[LMB] [LMB} Bujold Reference on the Web

David McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Fri Jun 18 19:10:03 BST 2010

On 6/17/2010 1:40 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
> On 6/17/2010 11:34 AM, Keith Wells wrote:
>> http://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/index.php/2010/06/16/off-the-grid-through-friday/.
>>

>> This makes me firmly convinced that Howard is a fan. Somebody sign the
>> man
>> up. Too bad he's in Jackson Whole... I mean Hole with his family
>> currently.
>
> Isn't everybody?
>
> Going to Yellowstone I kept noticing the misspelling on signs too...
>
> I Googled Howard Tayler, and see a lot of references to this page. I
> don't know what "schlock" means, and hadn't run across his name before.

	<boggle>  You never heard of him?  Yowza!  He was up against the
Foglios for a the graphic-novel Hugo last year, and again this year I
think.  One of the top webcomic artists on the net, who's gone ten years
updating 7days/week without ever missing a single comic (and he had two
kids during that time, too).  He writes a story and a universe where
Miles&Co would fit right in, after a little time to adjust.  Very Space
Comic Opera (or would it be Comic Space Opera?), going up into
Lensman-ish levels of galactic epicness on occasion without ever losing
its human (ahem) touch.

	Schlock Mercenary -- where the guns are big, the /e/x/p/l/o/s/i/o/n/s/
paychecks are bigger, and the shovels are legally required to have
hypernet nodes.

	One caveat:  Howard is downright *embarrassed* by the early artwork, so
don't let that put you off if you decided to start the beginning.  He
literally learned how to webcomic for a living by diving in feet-first
and learning to tread water before he drowned.