[LMB] OT: English spelling was Pronunciation of Megaera

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Jun 26 12:41:03 BST 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 3:12 AM, Jacki Knight wrote:

> Well it is normal.  For us.  That was the point I was making - again referring back to the OP's use of the word "universal" (which, possibly in my ignorance, I construed as a variant of "normal")

And my point is that the OED does not define "normal".    I thought your post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek and continued in what I perceived as that vein.

We have quite a few "normals", pretty much defined by population being selected.   I have lived around the United States and in Mexico City, which doesn't qualify me as much of an International, but books have helped see how language is variable.