[LMB] foreign travel

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Mon Jun 28 02:04:01 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Meg Justus" <mmegaera at nwlink.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:47 PM
Subject: [LMB] foreign travel

> Richard:
>> Americans and Canadians can be as or more travelled, by distance,
>> than most and never leave their own countries
>
> That 3-month cross-country car trip I mentioned?  14,000 miles.  I never
> left the U.S.  Seattle to Vermont to Florida to California, where I rolled
> my car and then flew home to Seattle.
>
> Megaera
> who was inspired by William Least Heat Moon's book Blue Highways

Europeans who've never actually travelled around in the USA tend to be under
the misconception that the USA is geographically a lot smaller than it
is.... I laughed uproariously at  group of European NATO military officers
who were planning to visit someone in Texas by driving there from LA on a
free weekend...