[LMB] ISO Paladin of Souls talking points
hilary at powersedit.com
Wed Jun 30 17:39:08 BST 2010
> I've been in correspondence with a High School English teacher, who
> was looking for books for his class. He was specifically looking for
> Hero's Journey kind of books, so I recommended Paladin (but warned
> him that it's a sequel to Challion).
> What I told him is that PoS subverts the usual Hero's Journey trope
> with a middle-aged widow as the heroine. ...
> Other than being a Heroine's Journey, what are good points I should
> mention to him as being worthy of being read for a class?
Well, there's always
Herself discussing exactly those points, which would be useful if the
teacher sets aside the age thing....
- Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA -
- Freelance copyediting and developmental editing -
- "Making Word Work for You" - www.the-efa.org/res/booklets.php -
- The edit you want - online, on time, and on target -
- NEW VENTURE: SALAMANDER FELTWORKS - WWW.SALAMANDERFELTWORKS.COM -
More information about the Lois-Bujold