[LMB] ISO Paladin of Souls talking points

Hilary Powers hilary at powersedit.com
Wed Jun 30 17:39:08 BST 2010

Becca wrote:
> I've been in correspondence with a High School English teacher, who
> was looking for books for his class. He was specifically looking for
> Hero's Journey kind of books, so I recommended Paladin (but warned
> him that it's a sequel to Challion).
>
> What I told him is that PoS subverts the usual Hero's Journey trope
> with a middle-aged widow as the heroine. ...

> Other than being a Heroine's Journey, what are good points I should
> mention to him as being worthy of being read for a class?

Well, there's always
http://www.womenwriters.net/june09/paladin_interview.html

Herself discussing exactly those points, which would be useful if the
teacher sets aside the age thing....

--
-       Hilary Powers - hilary at powersedit.com - Oakland CA        -
-        Freelance copyediting and developmental editing          -