[LMB] Falling Free Book Discussion Foreshadows

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:03:04 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan
<tora.smulders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another belated reply to Micki's question about foreshadowing:
>
> We've got a jump pilot in Falling Free (Ti) who's worried about 2
> things -- obsolete technology in his head and ever getting a job
> piloting a jump ship again.
>
> And he steals his own jump ship to help out the gang --because they
> can exploit his vulnerability there.
>
> Does that sound familiar to anyone?  Something similar in The
> Warrior's Apprentice, right, with Miles?

Is the "new" technology in FF the "Necklin Color Drive" that is about
to become obsolete in WA? I seem to remember seeing something that
quirky, but haven't read FF recently enough to be positive about it.

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com